The mission of the Winston-Salem Alumni Chapter of Livingstone College is to provide encouragement, mentoring and financial support to students currently attending and planning to attend Livingstone College.
The Winston-Salem Alumni Chapter will offer two (2) scholarships in 2019:
- A $1,000.00 and $500 scholarship will be awarded to students from Winston-Salem and currently enrolled at Livingstone College during Honors Convocation in April 2019.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Proof of current student enrollment
- A GPA of 2.5 and above
- Demonstrate leadership ability and participation in school and community activities
***Scholarship Application Deadline: April 9, 2019***
Incomplete and handwritten applications will NOT be considered. All applications received after the above deadline will not be considered.
All scholarships are one year, nonrenewable and awarded to the recipient upon verification of enrollment at Livingstone College. Payments will be made directly to Livingstone College.
As part of the application process you are required to submit the following items:
- A completed Livingstone College Scholarship Application Form
- A one (1) page typewritten essay (see application for details)
- A Letter of Recommendation from a school official,teacher for college faculty member or a community leader (pastor, employer, or volunteer agency coordinator, etc.)
- A complete listing of school and community activities or resume, typed on a separate sheet of paper.
- A recent official college transcript must be submitted with the application. The transcript must be sealed; photocopies of your transcript are not acceptable.